National key university directly under the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China: National key construction universities of “First-class Universities and Disciplines of the World”
Distinctive characteristics and advantages of electronics and information disciplines: Information and Communication Engineering, Electronic Science and Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Control Science and Engineering, and Optical Engineering
Complete majors and degree systems: 66 undergraduate majors, 27 master's degree disciplines, 15 doctoral degree disciplines, 10 post-doctoral research mobile stations
Outstanding faculty team: 2,600 + full-time teachers, 700 + doctoral supervisors and 1,500 + master supervisors
"Xidian Phenomenon" for talent training: 320,000 + senior talents in electronic information, 26 alumni of academicians, and 70 + founders of well-known listed companies
|Chinese Language Program|
The Chinese Language Program is open to international students from all over the world who love Chinese language, have a need to learn Chinese systematically, or are interested in Chinese culture, providing them with high quality, accurate and interesting Chinese language courses.
The Chinese Language Program offers both compulsory Chinese language courses and optional Chinese culture courses.
The compulsory Chinese courses include: Comprehensive Chinese, Chinese Speaking, Chinese Listening, Chinese Reading, Chinese Writing, Science and Technology Chinese, Business Chinese, HSK tutoring and other basic Chinese courses, to improve students’ Chinese expression ability in all aspects.
2. Optional Chinese culture courses include: Chinese calligraphy, paper cutting, Tai Chi, Beijing opera appreciation and face painting, Chinese painting, seal cutting, shadow play appreciation, Chinese medicine introduction and experience, to help students have a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and to experience the charm of traditional art.
Short-term Chinese Study Tour Program
We also offer a short-term Chinese study tour program for international student groups or individuals who are interested in Chinese language, Chinese culture, and traveling to China. The duration of the program is 1 to 4 weeks, and the minimum number of students in a group is 5. The study tour program focuses on the theme of “Tour + Learning” and includes basic Chinese language classes, cultural experience classes, and historical sites to visit and so on. The cultural experience course includes calligraphy, paper cutting, seal cutting, Beijing opera face painting, Chinese folk musical instrument experience; the historical sites to visit includes the Terracotta Warriors and Horses of Qin Shihuang Mausoleum, Huifang Style Street, Ming Dynasty City Wall, Da Ci’en Temple, Small Wild Goose Pagoda. During the program, students can learn Chinese language, experience Chinese culture and learn about the history of Xi’an. The program is equipped with an assistant and a professional language interpreter, and the format is flexible and varied, with specific activities and costs can be determined according to the needs of students.
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese; for those who were Chinese citizens and then became foreign nationals, Xidian University implements Notice of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on Regulating the Work of Accepting International Students in Chinese Colleges and Universities. Please visit
2. Applicant should be in good physical and mental health (no infectious diseases, no physical or mental diseases affecting normal learning), abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as school regulations and rules of Xidian University, and respect China's social morality and customs.
3. Aged 18 or older, high school graduates.
-Application Documents -
1. Notarized certificate of highest graduation or education. The graduation certificate obtained from abroad must be notarized and the scanned copy of notarial certificate should be submitted.
2. Scanned copy of valid passport information page (valid for at least 2 years).
3. Applicants who are already in China must submit scanned copies of their passport visa page, residence permit page and a certificate of school performance issued by their current school.
4. Record of medical examination for foreigners (Annex 3). Valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
5. Certificate of Non-criminal Record. The content of the certificate must indicate the expiration date, or if there is no expiration date, the certificate should be valid for 6 months from the date of issue; Graduating students in China can submit a certificate of school performance. If you are unable to provide the Certificate of Non-criminal Record for the time being due to various special circumstances, please fill out the No-criminal Commitment (Annex 4).
6. Letter of Financial Guarantee (Annex 5).
7. Proof of payment of application fee (600 RMB). If the application fee is not paid, the application is considered invalid. Once the application fee is paid, it is non-refundable whether you are accepted or not. Please see https://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1130/1065.htm for payment details.
Medical insurance fee
14,000 Yuan/person/academic year
1. The above expenses are in RMB.
2. Accommodation applications shall be made on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited accommodation resources in the University. Students who fail to successfully book accommodation on campus need to independently contact accommodation off campus.
December 20, 2023 - June 15, 2024
Admissions results announced: July 2024
Step 1- Completing online application
1. "International student application system" is the only effective application platform. Applicants should log in to the system for registration, fill in application information and upload application documents. The application system link can be accessed by http://xdgjxs.xidian.edu.cn/internationalEducationStudent/2024/1.
2. Applicants shall accurately fill in their contact emails, mobile numbers and mailing addresses, the admission office will send all application results and notices through the emails. During the admission period, applicants must reply to our emails in time, those who fail to reply to the emails in time or fail to submit supplementary documents within the specified time will be deemed to have given up.
Step 2 - Review and admission
1. Xidian University evaluates the comprehensive qualities of applicants through reviewing application documents, evaluating by academic schools and other steps. Anyone who perform good enough can be admitted.
2. Applicants shall pay attention to the review statuses from the application system and personal emails in time to supplement relevant information or documents according to the feedback.
Step 3 - Mailing the admission documents
After admission, Xidian University will mail Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW202) to students themselves based on the filled addresses in the system at the time of application.
1. All the Annex in this admission guide can be downloaded from: https://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1124/1481.htm。
2. All the above application documents shall be in Chinese or English, non-Chinese and non-English texts shall be accompanied by notarized English or Chinese translation.
3. Hard copy of application documents are not required. The admission teams of our University and departments have the right to require the applicants to provide the originals in writing of the application or the certification documents issued by designated certification authorities for further inspection.
4. The originals of all documents provided by the applicants shall be uploaded after color scanning by the scanners, and picture documents taken by mobile phones or cameras are not accepted, neither do copies.
5. The application will not be accepted for applicants with incomplete application documents.
6. Applicants must ensure that the filled application contents and the uploaded attachments are true and valid. Anyone who is dishonest will be disqualified from applying to Xidian University permanently.
|Enrollment and Registration|
1. The admitted students must register with entry study (X1) visas. The University will not allow the registration for those with other types of visas. The specific requirements for applying for entry study (X1) visa documents shall be subject to the list of visa application requirements provided by Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
2. The registration time of 2024 fall semester is usually from the end of August to the beginning of September and the admitted students must register in strict accordance with the time, place and requirements specified in Admission Notice. Those who fail to handle registration procedures more than two weeks after the specified registration time will be disqualified from enrollment and scholarships.
3. Documents needed for registration include: ordinary passports of the students, admission notices, JW202, physical examination record、no criminal record.
Address: Room 306, Main office building, No. 266, Xinglong Section of Xifeng Road, Xi'an City, Shaanxi
Follow us for more information
WeChat official account: School of International Education, Xidian University
Overseas social media: