2023 XIDIAN PREPARATORY PROGRAM ADMISSION GUIDE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The Preparatory Program is designed for international students from all over the world who wish to pursue undergraduate degrees at Xidian University and provides a one-year Chinese language learning training for them.The main goal of the program is to develop practical Chinese language skills, solidify professional knowledge, and clear language barriers for academic education.
The preparatory course includes major courses and minor courses.
1. The major coursesare divided into basic Chinese course and professional Chinese course. In the first semester, we offer basic Chinese courses such as Comprehensive Chinese, Chinese Speaking, ChineseListening, and ChineseReading to improve students’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills; in the second semester, we offer professional Chinese courses such as Chinese for Mathematics, Chinese for Physics, Science and Technology Chinese, Chinese for Economics and Business, and Chinese for Liberal Arts according to students’ future professional study plans. The combination of basic Chinese courses and professional Chinese courses lays a solid foundation for students to adapt to the professional courses in the academic education stage in advance.。
2. The minor courses include the content of professional foundation courses such as mathematics, physics, and research methodology. Based on students’ knowledge, they can choose the corresponding courses according to their future academic majors to consolidate their basic knowledge.
The program also offers optional Chinese culture courses, which including Chinese calligraphy, paper cutting, Tai Chi, Beijing opera appreciationand face painting, Chinese painting, seal cutting, shadow puppet appreciation, Chinese medicine introduction and experience. Students can improve their perception of Chinese culture and further enhance their practical ability to use Chinese language through culture classes.
The duration of the preparatory program is one academic year, with 20 class hours per week, 18 weeks per semester, and 720 class hours throughout the year. Upon completion of the program, students who meet the completion criteria will be issued a transcript and a certificate of completion.
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese; for those who were Chinese citizens and then became foreign nationals, Xidian University implementsNotice of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on Regulating the Work of Accepting International Students in Chinese Colleges and Universities.Please visit
2. Applicant should be in good physical and mental health (no infectious diseases, no physical or mental diseases affecting normal learning), abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as school regulations and rules of Xidian University, and respect China's social morality and customs.
3. Aged 18 or older, high school graduates
-Application Documents -
1.Notarized certificate of highest graduation or education.The graduation certificate obtained from abroad must be notarized and the scanned copy of notarial certificate should be submitted. Graduating students shall be issued aPre-graduation Certificate(Annex 2) by their school, and must submit the original graduation certificate and a scanned copy of the notarized certificate after being accepted.
2.Scanned copies of original transcripts of all courses in the previous stage.Graduating students can provide the existing transcripts and submit the full transcripts after being accepted.
3. Scanned copy of valid passport information page (valid for at least 2 years).
4. Personal statement or study plan.The word count should be at least 600 words, written in Chinese or English.
5.Applicants who are already in China must submit a scanned copy of the passport visa page, residence permit page and a certificate of school performance issued by the current school.
6. Record of medical examination for foreigners (Annex 3). Valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
7. Certificate of Non-criminal Record.The content of the certificate must indicate the expiration date, or if there is no expiration date, the certificate should be valid for 6 months from the date of issue; graduating students in China can submit a certificate of school performance. If you are unable to provide the Certificate of Non-criminal Record for the time being due to various special circumstances, please fill out theNo-criminal Commitment(Annex 4).
8.Letter of Financial Guarantee(Annex 5)
9. Proof of payment of application fee (600 RMB).If the application fee is not paid, the application is considered invalid. Once the application fee is paid, it is non-refundable whether you are acceptedor not. Please seehttps://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1130/1065.htmfor payment details.
医疗保险费Medical insurance fee
住宿费（校内）Accommodation fee (on campus)
15,000 Yuan/person/academic year
1. The above expenses are in RMB.
2. Accommodation applications shall be made on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited accommodation resources in the University. Students who fail to successfully book accommodation on campus need to independently contact accommodation off campus.
Applicants may apply for the HuashanExcellent Scholarship for our academic program in advance of the application phase of the preparatory program. A conditional offer will be made to the best applicants based on the grades, personal statement and interview submitted by the applicant at the pre-education level and the scholarship level for the first year of the academic program will be indicated. Students who have completed their preparatory studies and have achieved the agreed language and academic results, and who continue their academic studies at the University, will be entitled to the agreed scholarship for the first year of their academic studies. If the student's language and academic results in the preparatory stage do not meet the agreed conditions, the scholarship will be cancelled.
The criteria of Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University are as follows.
First class scholarship: including tuition and living expenses (15,000 RMB/person/year)
Second class scholarship: including tuition
Third class scholarship: including 50% of tuition
December 30, 2022- June 15, 2023
Admissions results announced: early July 2023
Step 1-Completing online application
1. "International student application system" is the only effective application platform. Applicants should log in to the system for registration, fill in application information and upload application documents. The application system link can be accessed byhttp://xdgjxs.xidian.edu.cn/internationalEducationStudent/2023/11.
2. Applicants shall accurately fill in their contact emails, mobile numbers and mailing addresses, the admission office will send all application results and notices through the emails. During the admission period, applicants must reply to our emails in time, those who fail to reply to the emails in time or fail to submit supplementary documents within the specified time will be deemed to have given up.
Step 2 - Review and admission
1. Xidian University evaluates the comprehensive qualities of applicants through reviewing application documents, evaluating by academic schools and other steps. Anyone who perform good enough can be admitted.
2. Applicants shall pay attention to the review statuses from the application system and personal emails in time to supplement relevant information or documents according to the feedback.
Step 3 - Mailing the admission documents
After admission, Xidian University will mailAdmission NoticeandVisa Application for Study in China(JW202) to students themselves based on the filled addresses in the system at the time of application.
1.All the Annex in this admission guide can be downloaded from:https://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1124/1481.htm。
2. All the above application documents shall be in Chinese or English, non-Chinese and non-English texts shall be accompanied by notarized English or Chinese translation.
3. Hard copy of application documents are not required. The admission teams of our University and departments have the right to require the applicants to provide the originals in writing of the application or the certification documents issued by designated certification authorities for further inspection.
4. The originals of all documents provided by the applicants shall be uploaded after color scanning by the scanners, and picture documents taken by mobile phones or cameras are not accepted, neither do copies.
5. The application will not be accepted for applicants with incomplete application documents.
6. Applicants must ensure that the filled application contents and the uploaded attachments are true and valid. Anyone who is dishonest will be disqualified from applying to Xidian University permanently.
|Enrollment and Registration|
1. The admitted students must register with entry study (X1) visas. The University will not allow the registration for those with other types of visas. The specific requirements for applying for entry study (X1) visa documents shall be subject to the list of visa application requirements provided by Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
2. The autumn registration time is usually from the end of August to the beginning of September, and the admitted students must register in strict accordance with the time, place and requirements specified inAdmission Notice. Those who fail to handle registration procedures more than two weeks after the specified registration time will be disqualified from enrollment and scholarships.
3. Documents needed for registration include: ordinary passports of the students, admission notices, JW202, physical examination records.
Address: Room 306, Main office building, No. 266, Xinglong Section of Xifeng Road, Xi'an City, Shaanxi
Follow us for more information
WeChat official account: School of International Education, Xidian University
Overseas social media:
266 Xinglong Section of Xifeng Road, Xi’an, Shannxi Province 710126, P.R. China
Construction and operation and maintenance: Information Network Technology Center Technical Support：Xi'an Juli