2023 XIDIAN UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM ADMISSION GUIDE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|Durations and Majors|
Duration of bachelordegree programs: 4 years
Please refer toAnnex 1for majors to be applied, and admission in every autumn in September is accepted only.
The first batch:
December 30, 2022 - March 15, 2023
Admission results will be announced in: early April 2023
The second batch:
March 15, 2023 - June 15, 2023
Admission results will be announced in: early July 2023
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship are allowed to apply only in the first batch; Applicants for Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University are allowed to apply in two batches.
1. Applicants should be non Chinese; for those who were Chinese citizens and then became foreign nationals, XidianUniversity implementsNotice of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on Regulating the Work of Accepting International Students in Chinese Colleges and Universities.Please visithttp://www.gov.cn/zhengce/zhengceku/2020-06/10/content_5518369.htm.
2. Applicant should be in good physical and mental health (no infectious diseases, no physical or mental diseases affecting normal learning), abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as school regulations and rules of Xidian University, and respect China's social morality and customs.
3. Aged 18 or older, high school graduates
4. Language proficiency
(1) Applicants for Chinese taught programs must have Chinese proficiency of HSK level 4 and 210 points or above, disqualified applicants can apply for the one year foundation program of Xidian University, and then pass the examination after learning, with the additional proof of Chinese proficiency unnecessary.
(2) Applicants for English taught programs must have English proficiency of IELTS 6.5 or above, or TOEFL 80 or above, or Duolingo 105 or above.
|Application and Admission Process|
Step 1 - Preparing application Documents
1.Original scanned copy of the high school graduation certificate.
Graduationcertificates obtained overseas shall be notarized, with scanned copies of the notarial certificates submitted. Recent graduates shall be issuedPre-graduation Certificate(Annex 2) by their current school and shall, after being admitted, submit the originals of the graduation certificates and the scanned copies of the notarial certificates.
2.Scanned copies of the original transcripts for all courses at high school or internationally accepted standardized test scores (e.g., SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB).
Recent graduates can provide existing transcripts and resubmit all transcripts upon admission.
3. Scanned copies of valid passport information pages (valid for more than two years).
4. Certificates of linguistic competence.（For Chinese taught program, upload Chinese language proficiency, For English taught program, upload English language proficiency.）
5.Personal statement or study plan.
More than 600 words in Chinese or English.
6. Applicants who have been in China shall submit scanned copies of passport visa pages, residence permit pages and performance certificates issued by current schools.
7.Physical Examination Records for Foreigners (Annex3).
It should be valid within six months from the date of issuance.
8.Certificate of Non-Criminal Record.
It shall indicate the period of validity. If no period of validity, it shall be valid within 6 months from the date of issuance; Recent graduates in China can submit school performance certificates. If the certificate of no criminal record cannot be provided due to various special circumstances, please fill inNon-Criminal Commitment(Annex 4).
9.Self-funded applicant shall provideEconomic Guarantee Letter(Annex 5).
10. Other supporting documents.
Eg.recommendation letter, certificates of awards, certificates of paper publication, etc.
11. Application fee (RMB 600 yuan) payment receipt.
The application shall be deemed invalid for unpaid application fee. Once the application fee is paid, it will not be refunded whether the student is admitted or not. For payment details, please seehttps://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1130/1065.htm.
1. All the above application documents shall be in Chinese or English, non-Chinese and non-English texts shall be accompanied by notarized English or Chinese translation.
2. Hard copy of application documents are not required. The admission teams of our University and departments have the right to require the applicants to provide the originals in writing of the application or the certification documents issued by designated certification authorities for further inspection.
3. The originals of all documents provided by the applicants shall be uploaded after color scanning by the scanners, and picture documents taken by mobile phones or cameras are not accepted, neither do copies.
4. The application will not be accepted for applicants with incomplete application documents.
5. Applicants must ensure that the filled application contents and the uploaded attachments are true and valid. Anyone who is dishonest will be disqualified from applying to Xidian University permanently.
Step 2 - Completing online application
1. "International student application system" is the only effective application platform. Applicants should log in to the system for registration, fill in application information and upload application documents. The application system link can be accessed byhttp://xdgjxs.xidian.edu.cn/internationalEducationStudent/2023/11.
2. Applicants shall accurately fill in their contact emails, mobile numbers and mailing addresses, the admission office will send all application results and notices through the emails. During the admission period, applicants must reply to our emails in time, those who fail to reply to the emails in time or fail to submit supplementary documents within the specified time will be deemed to have given up.
Step 3 - Review and admission
1. Xidian University evaluates the comprehensive qualities of applicants through reviewing application documents, evaluating by academic schools and other steps. Anyone who perform good enough can be admitted.
2. Applicants shall pay attention to the review statuses from the application system and personal emails in time to supplement relevant information or documents according to the feedback.
3. Applicants, once admitted, are not allowed to change majors, learning periods and teaching languages.
Step 4 - Mailing the admission documents
After admission, Xidian University will mailAdmission NoticeandVisa Application for Study in China(JW201/JW202) to students themselves based on the filled addresses in the system at the time of application.
Accommodation fee (on campus)
1. The above expenses are in RMB.
2. Accommodation applications shall be made on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited accommodation resources in the University. Students who fail to successfully book accommodation on campus need to independently contact accommodation off campus.
Xidian University offers the following scholarships for outstanding international undergraduate students:
(I)Chinese Government Scholarship
The scholarships usually support tuition, living expenses, accommodation fee and medical insurance and students must be subject to strict annual evaluation after obtaining the scholarships. Applicants can apply for the scholarships through either Type A or Type B, without the permit for repeated application through both types.
1. Type A-Bilateral Programs
Application majors: All majors are available. Please refer to Annex 1 for the list of majors.
①Applicants shall consult relevant departments or Chinese embassies and consulates in their own countries about the application qualifications, requirements, process, documents, agency number and types of scholarship Sub-programs for Chinese Government Scholarship. See the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/web/) for contact information of Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
②Applicants, before formally submitting applications, can contact and inform us of the intention to apply for scholarships and apply through our "International student application system", and qualified applicants shall be issuedPre-admission Noticeby Xidian University.
③After confirming the pre-admission qualifications of Xidian University, the applicants shall submit formal applications to the embassies and consulates abroad and log in to “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System” (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua)to complete online scholarship application processes.
2.Type B- Silk Road Program
Application majors: Only the Chinese courses listed in Annex 1 are allowed.
Application process: Applicants apply directly to Xidian University.
①Applicants shall log in to the "Chinese Government Scholarship Information System" (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua) to complete the online scholarship application process, please select Type B for "Study Program Type" and fill in 10701 for "Agency Number" for application.
②After completing the step above, please downloadApplication Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
③Applicants shall, before the application deadline, log in to "International student application system" of Xidian University to register and submit the application, and upload the downloadedApplication Form for Chinese Government Scholarshipto the application system as one of the annexes.
(II) Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University
First class scholarship: including tuition and living expenses (15,000 RMB/person/year)
Second class scholarship: including tuition
Third class scholarship: including 50% of tuition
Applicants must fill in Application Form for Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University (Annex 6) and upload the forms to the "International Student Application System" of Xidian University together with other application documents. The final scholarship classes shall be determined by Xidian University according to the comprehensive quality rankings of the applicants and the scholarship quota of the current year.
*Note: Huashan Scholarship should "reapply every year". Applicants need to reapply at the beginning of the fall semester of second academic year.
|Enrollment and Registration|
1. The admitted students must register with entry study (X1) visas. The University will not allow the registration for those with other types of visas. The specific requirements for applying for entry study (X1) visa documents shall be subject to the list of visa application requirements provided by Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
2. The autumn registration time of Xidian university is usually from the end of August to the beginning of September, and the admitted students must register in strict accordance with the time, place and requirements specified inAdmission Notice. Those who fail to handle registration procedures more than two weeks after the specified registration time will be disqualified from enrollment and scholarships. If you are still unable to enter the China to study due to Covid-19 epidemic, students can study online courses of Xidian University or apply for deferred admission for one year. If such students are eligible for scholarships, Xidian University will retain their scholarship qualifications.
3. Documents needed for registration include: ordinary passports of the students, admission notices, JW202/201, high school graduation certificate and notarized copies, transcripts, language proficiency certificate and physical examination records. The above documents must be the originals for inspection. Those who fail to provide such originals or whose originals are inconsistent with the scanned copies provided at the time of application will be disqualified from admission. Information recorded in the physical examination does not match the actual health condition of the applicant and will be disqualified from admission.
*Note: All the Annex in this admission guide can be downloaded from:https://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1124/1481.htm.
Address: Room 306, Main office building, No. 266, Xinglong Section of Xifeng Road, Xi'an City, Shaanxi
Follow us for more information
WeChat official account: School of International Education, Xidian University
266 Xinglong Section of Xifeng Road, Xi’an, Shannxi Province 710126, P.R. China
Construction and operation and maintenance: Information Network Technology Center Technical Support：Xi'an Juli