|Durations and Majors|
Duration of master's degree programs: 3 years
Duration of doctoral degree programs: 4 years
Please refer to Annex 1 for majors to be applied, and admission in every autumn in September is accepted only.
The first batch: December 30, 2021 - April 15, 2022. Admission results will be announced in: early May 2022
The second batch: April 15, 2022 - June 15, 2022. Admission results will be announced in: early July 2022
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship are allowed to apply only in the first batch; Applicants for Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University are allowed to apply in two batches.
1. Applicants should be non Chinese; for those who were Chinese citizens and then became foreign nationals, Xidian University implements Notice of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on Regulating the Work of Accepting International Students in Chinese Colleges and Universities. Please visit http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/zhengceku/2020-06/10/content_5518369.htm.
2. Applicant should be in good physical and mental health (no infectious diseases, no physical or mental diseases affecting normal learning), abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as school regulations and rules of Xidian University, and respect China's social morality and customs.
3.Applicants for the master's degrees must have bachelor's degrees; Applicants for the doctoral degrees must have master's degrees.
4. Language proficiency
(1) Applicants for Chinese taught programsmust have Chinese proficiency of HSK level 4 and 210 points or above, disqualified applicants can apply for the one year foundation program of Xidian University, and then pass the examination after learning, with the additional proof of Chinese proficiency unnecessary. For native Chinese speaker and students who are taught in Chinese during high school education will be exempted from HSK scores if confirmed by Xidian University.
(2) Applicants for English taught programs must have English proficiency of IELTS 6.5 or above, or TOEFL 80 or above, or Duolingo 105 or above; Applicants from English speaking countries can apply for exemption from providing relevant English scores. List of English speaking countries: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-b-english-language.
|Application and Admission Process|
Step 1 - Preparing application Documents
1.Scanned copies of the originals of the highest degree certificates.
Degree certificates obtained overseas shall be notarized, with scanned copies of the notarial certificates submitted. Recent graduates shall be issuedPre-graduation Certificate (Annex 2) by their colleges and shall, after being admitted, submit the originals of the degree certificates and the scanned copies of the notarial certificates.
2.Scanned copies of the originals of transcripts for all courses at the highest academic level.
Recent graduates can provide existing transcripts and resubmit all transcripts upon admission.
3. Scanned copies of valid passport information pages (valid for more than two years).
4. Certificates of language proficiency of Chinese or English.
6.Study and research plans in China.
More than 800 words in Chinese or English.
7. Two recommendationletters from professorsorassociate professors.
8. Supervisor acceptance letter for international students of Xidian University (Annex 3).
Please contact our supervisors (Annex 4) in advance to gain the letter and upload it to the application system.
9. Applicants who have been in China shall submit scanned copies of passport visa pages, residence permit pages and performance certificates issued by current schools.
10.Physical Examination Record for foreigners (Annex 5).
It should be valid within six months from the date of issuance.
11.Certificate of Non- Criminal Record.
It shall indicate the period of validity. If no period of validity, it shall be valid within 6 months from the date of issuance; Recent graduates in China can submit school performance certificates. If the certificate of no criminal record cannot be provided due to various special circumstances, please fill in Non-Criminal Commitment (Annex 6).
12. Self-funded applicant shall provide Financial Support Guarantee Statement (Annex 7).
13.Self-introduction short video.
Applicants for Chinese taught programs, the videos shall be made in Chinese, applicants for English taught programs, the video shall be made in English. The video shall include basic personal information and basic understanding of the applied major and shall be within 1 minute and noise-free with clear pictures. Also, the video shall be compressed before being uploaded, with the upload format of zip or rar, and size not larger than 25MB.
14.Other supporting documents.
Eg. certificates of awards, certificates of paper publication, etc..
15.Application fee (RMB 600 yuan) payment receipt.
The application shall be deemed invalid for unpaid application fee. Once the application fee is paid, it will not be refunded whether the student is admitted or not. For payment details, please see https://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1075/2131.htm.
1. All the above application documents shall be in Chinese or English, non-Chinese and non-English texts shall be accompanied by notarized English or Chinese translation.
2. Hard copy of application documents are not required. The admission teams of our University and departments have the right to require the applicants to provide the originals in writing of the application or the certification documents issued by designated certification authorities for further inspection.
3. The originals of all documents provided by the applicants shall be uploaded after color scanning by the scanners, and picture documents taken by mobile phones or cameras are not accepted, neither do copies.
4. The application will not be accepted for applicants with incomplete application documents.
5. Applicants must ensure that the filled application contents and the uploaded attachments are true and valid. Anyone who is dishonest will be disqualified from applying to Xidian University permanently.
6. All the Annex in this admission guide can be downloaded from: https://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1300/2283.htm
Step 2 - Completing online application
1. "International student application system" is the only effective application platform. Applicants should log in to the system for registration, fill in application information and upload application documents. The application system link can be accessed by http://xdgjxs.xidian.edu.cn/internationalEducationStudent/2022/9.
2. Applicants shall accurately fill in their contact emails, mobile numbers and mailing addresses, the admission office will send all application results and notices through the emails. During the admission period, applicants must reply to our emails in time, those who fail to reply to the emails in time or fail to submit supplementary documents within the specified time will be deemed to have given up.
Step 3 - Review and admission
1. XidianUniversity evaluates the comprehensive qualities of applicants through reviewing application documents, evaluating byacademic schools and other steps. Anyone who perform good enough can be admitted.
2. Applicants shall pay attention to the review statuses from the application system and personal emails in time to supplement relevant information or documents according to the feedback.
3. Applicants, once admitted, are not allowed to change majors, learning periods and teaching languages.
Step 4 - Mailing the admission documents
After admission,Xidian University will mail Admission Notice andVisa Application for Study in China (JW201/JW202) to students themselves based on the filled addresses in the system at the time of application.
Accommodation fee (on campus)
22,000 yuan/person/academic year
33,000 yuan/person/academic year
1. The above expenses are in RMB.
2. Accommodation applications shall be made on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited accommodation resources in the University. Students who fail to successfully book accommodation on campus need to independently contact accommodation off campus.
Xidian University offers the following scholarships for outstanding international graduate students:
(I)Chinese Government Scholarship
The scholarships usually support tuition, living expenses, accommodation fee and medical insurance and students must be subject to strict annual evaluation after obtaining the scholarships. Applicants can apply for the scholarships through either Type A or Type B, without the permit for repeated application through both types.
1. Type A-Bilateral Programs
Application majors: All majors are available. Please refer to Annex 1 for the list of majors.
①Applicants shall consult relevant departments or Chinese embassies and consulates in their own countries about the application qualifications, requirements, process, documents, agency number and types of scholarship Sub-programs for Chinese Government Scholarship. See the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/web/) for contact information of Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
②Applicants, before formally submitting applications, can contact and inform us of the intention to apply for scholarships and apply through our "International student application system", and qualified applicants shall be issued Pre-admission Notice by Xidian University.
③After confirming the pre-admission qualifications of Xidian University, the applicants shall submit formal applications to the embassies and consulates abroad and log in to “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System”(http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn)to complete online scholarship application processes.
2. Type B-Chinese University Program, China-Africa Friendship Program, Silk Road Program,
Postgraduate majors: Information and Communication Engineering, Electronic Science and Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Control Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, Business Administration, Cyberspace Security;
Doctoral majors: Information and Communication Engineering, Electronic Science and Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Control Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, Management Science and Engineering, Cyberspace Security
①Applicants shall log in to the "Chinese Government Scholarship Information System" (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn)to complete the online scholarship application process, please select Type B for "Study Program Type" and fill in 10701 for "Agency Number" for application.
②After completing the step above, please downloadApplication Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
③Applicants shall, before the application deadline, log in to "International student application system" of Xidian University to register and submit the application, and upload the downloaded Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to the application system as one of the annexes.
(II) Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University
First class scholarship: including tuition and living expenses (1700 RMB/person/month for master and 2,200 RMB/person/month for doctor)
Second class scholarship: including tuition
Third class scholarship: including 50% of tuition
Huashanscholarship winner shall participate in annual reviews and shall continue to be eligible for the scholarship only after passing the review. Applicants must fill in Application Form for Huashan Scholarship of Xidian University (Annex 8) and upload the forms to the "International Student Application System" of Xidian University together with other application documents.
The final scholarship categories and classes shall be determined by Xidian University according to the comprehensive quality rankings of the applicants and the scholarship quota of the current year.
|Enrollment and Registration|
1. The admitted students must register with entry study (X1) visas. The University will not allow the registration for those with other types of visas. The specific requirements for applying for entry study (X1) visa documents shall be subject to the list of visa application requirements provided by Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
2. The autumn registration time of Xidian university is usually from the end of August to the beginning of September, and the admitted students must register in strict accordance with the time, place and requirements specified inAdmission Notice. Those who fail to handle registration procedures more than two weeks after the specified registration time will be disqualified from enrollment and scholarships. If you are still unable to enter the China to study due to Covid-19 epidemic, students can study online courses of XidianUniversity or apply for deferred admission for one year. If such students are eligible for scholarships, Xidian University will retain their scholarship qualifications.
3. Documents needed for registration include: ordinary passports of the students, admission notices, JW202/201, highest degree certificates and notarized copies, transcripts, language proficiency certificate and physical examination records. The above documents must be the originals for inspection. Those who fail to provide such originals or whose originals are inconsistent with the scanned copies provided at the time of application will be disqualified from admission. Information recorded in the physical examination does not match the actual health condition of the applicant and will be disqualified from admission.
Address: Room 306, Main office building, No. 266, Xinglong Section of Xifeng Road, Xi'an City, Shaanxi
Follow us for more information
WeChat official account: School of International Education, Xidian University
Overseas social media: